Sunday, November 05, 2006

the letter

The letter went as follows:

"Dear Susan,

How have you been my darling friend? It has been so long since I last saw you. Sometimes I wonder if I'll recognize you when I see you again.

Where to start? I have finished my classes and will be starting work as soon as I can. There are several options open to me, my favorite of which is in Egypt. I don't want to get my hopes up but my imagination just tends to run wild.

Oh, Susan, I miss having you here. Sometimes I really need to talk to you. The pen-pal thing is fine, but I wish we could talk face to face.

How are you? Are you still having your headaches? And what about that charming fellow that you told me about... did anything happen there?

Poop and pie! I just can't seem to concentrate on anything at the moment. Sorry, Susan, I promise to write you a better letter in a couple days.

Take care dear friend. You are in my thoughts.

Your friend, Marie

P.S. I attached a poem that I wrote the other day. You're always telling me I need to express myself... so reap what you have sown and read the stupid thing.

P.P.S. I also included four cornflakes because I know how much you love them. Hope they survived the trip!"

The second post script would have given some clarity to Howard except that he was now completely absorbed in unfolding and reading the second piece of paper that had been in the envelope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home